Monday 13 August 2012

Easy Lace Scarf



Beleive it or not, I have great difficulty following a pattern and keeping up with the conversation at knitting groups.  Thursday evenings usually end with me going home to  undo everything that I had knitted during the evening. Stocking stitch or plain knitting is obviously the answer, but this pattern is easy, grows fast and still manages to look impressive.  The grey scarf, which I have just started is a little gift for my daughter, who will be visiting New York in December.

You will need
2 100g balls of Chunky Yarn ( I used Cygnet Grousemoor Chunky)
A pair of 8mm knitting needles
A crochet hook for attaching the fringe

Cast on 23 stitches
1st row     k3 *yo k2tog, repeat from *until the last 2 stitches then k2
2nd row    k2 p to last 2 stitches, k2

Repeat these 2 rows until the scarf measures 60 inches then cast off.  As you knit you will find that the cast on edge of the scarf becomes diagonal.  The cast off edge will also be diagonal.

Block the scarf by dampening it and then pinning  it out on a towel and letting it dry naturally.

Add a fringe.

Happy knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment